STAGING: solo 2017 Live installation
Solo figures installed in multiple interstitial spaces of a building, perform a choreographic script composed of long pauses and precise decelerated movements. Each solo performer occupies their own space defined by a Pink Line, and while they have no visual or physical contact with the other performer, they attempt to stay in synch with one another.
STAGING: solo (2017) is part of Maria Hassabi’s larger live installation work STAGING (2017) and is also presented independently from the larger work.
Performers: Hristoula Harakas, Maria Hassabi, Mickey Mahar, Paige Martin, Oisín Monaghan
Composer: Marina Rosenfeld
Sound Design: Stavros Gasparatos
Outfits: Victoria Bartlett
– Point Center for Contemporary Art, Nicosia, Cyprus (September 21)
– Zachęta National Gallery, Warsaw, Poland (September 13, 15)
– Centrale Fies, Dro, Italy (July 21)
– Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival, Black Box theater, Oslo, Norway (March 10, 11)
– Material Art Fair, Mexico City, Mexico (February 8 – 11)